Top 5 Tuesday – 4/5/16
It’s good for the mind and soul to give back. Volunteering in the San Benito community aids the citizens of our county and rejuvenates the generous volunteers helping out. Here are 5 exceptional places to volunteer this spring (in no particular order).
– For those who love to help people in many capacities, Hazel Hawkins is a volunteering dream. Choose from volunteering at the hospital gift shop, in the emergency room, in the skilled nursing facility, at the thrift store, on special projects or as a receptionist. You may even choose to join the Hospital Auxiliary and help with hospital-related projects and events. Hours are flexible.
– To volunteer, call the number below to talk to the Coordinator of Volunteer Services, then fill out the online volunteer application and mail it in to the hospital.
– 911 Sunset Drive, Hollister, CA 95023
– (831) 636-2681
– Do you have so many computer skills that you’re overflowing with tech knowledge? Time to put it to good use! The Free Library is seeking motivated, tech-saavy individuals over the age of 16 to offer tutorials to library customers regarding mobile devices, social networking and basic computer skills. Hours are flexible.
– To volunteer, call the number below or click here.
– 470 5th Street, Hollister, CA 95023
– (831) 636-4107
– Here’s another opportunity to try your volunteering hand at many different activities. Choose from bag building, handing out food, picking up food, working at a related thrift shop, or filling positions in accounting, fundraising or reception. Pick the perfect volunteer position that sounds fun and start giving back! Hours are flexible.
– To volunteer, call the number below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– 1133 San Felipe Drive, Hollister, CA 95023
– (831) 637-0340
– It’s a no-brainer. You love animals, animals love you. So volunteer with Pet Friends and lovely animals in the San Benito area by walking dogs, taking photos, cleaning cages, feeding the animals, maintaining the Pet Friends facility or by simply interacting with the sheltered animals to keep their minds and bodies healthy. Hours are flexible.
– To volunteer, call the number below, click here or send an email to email@example.com.
– 2975 Buena Vista Road, Hollister, CA 95023
– (831) 634-1191
– Do the activities you love and take an elder along with you! This helper-elder partnership allows volunteers to make new friends and elders to run errands, see their loved ones, and get outdoors more often. Hours are flexible.
– To volunteer, call the number below, or click here, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– All around San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
– (732) 330-2734